Palm OS and open source lovers are gonna digg this….
Palm has finally refreshed their Palm side of the Treo smartphone lineup with the expected announcement of the Treo 700p smartphone. With the 700p, Palm has released a phone which includes hardware and software upgrades centered on usability, connectivity, multimedia, and compatibility features. This is the first Palm OS based Treo CDMA based smartphone to offer EvDO speeds. It lets you use the device as a modem (via USB or Bluetooth) to connect your laptop to the Internet at speeds of up to 1.8 Mbps. Remember, the p in Treo 700p means Palm.
Here are some of the major new features:
* First Treo smartphone with EVDO support
* First Treo smartphone with built in dial up networking capabilities
* 1.3 megapixel digital camera and built in video camcorder
* Includes pocket tunes application
* 128MB of memory - 60 MB of which is user memory
* SD card support
* New voice memo application
* Enhanced email and messaging support including better support for Microsoft Exchange Server 2003
* Full PDF support
* Uses Palm OS Version 5.4.9